14 May 2013

Operator25

Operator25
25 Wills st
Melbourne Vic 3000

T: (03) 9670 3278


Operator25 on Urbanspoon



Operator25 eggs benedict (potato rosti, thick grandmother ham, poached eggs and chives hollandaise) $16. I was sold on this the moment I saw potato rosti with hollandaise sauce, one of my favourite dishes. It didn't disappoint either!! I really liked the rosti, it was filled with lots of potato without it being dense. Also extremely crispy outer layer without the inside being dry or oily. 

Folded egg with chorizo, tomato, capsicum and cheese served with harissa sauce $16. I liked this omelette as unlike most omelettes which are too oily, this one was more dry and didn't fall apart while you were eating it. The harissa sauce isn't too spicy either and really complements the egg.  Nice dish if you are looking for something light and flavoursome in the morning! 

Raspberry custard french toast, mixed berry coulis, pistachio crumbs and ice cream $15. Despite the pretty presentation, my friend commented that it wasn't amazing nor was it something he would order again. I personally found it a bit mediocre as it was dry and the toast is too thick. 

Side: Mushrooms $3. When this came out I definitely wasn't expecting enoki mushrooms. Nonetheless, it was a nice change and it was yum! 

Operator25 is a new cafe that has just opened near the heart of the CBD. It's definitely going to be a place I will frequent more often in the future as there aren't many quality restaurants that serve a decent brunch fare in the city. 

No comments :

Post a Comment